Benefits When Adding Home Additions in Toronto
If you need an additional space for your growing family, you may like to consider adding a second story to your home instead of getting and moving into a new place. It sometimes makes sense to grow upward than outward. As more and more people turn “Green” these days, they choose to upgrade their homes upward as they would like to save and preserve their refreshing yards and vegetable gardens.
There are several benefits to adding second story homes and among which include:
- A second story home is more economical to build. Since you already have the foundation and the supporting walls, this lets you save your home remodeling budget.
- Building upwards keeps your front and backyard intact. This lets you maximize your space.
- Cooling and heating a two-story house is comparatively cost-effective as heat or coolness from the first floor naturally rises to the 2nd floor.
- Growing upwards gives you the privilege to modernize your home. This allows you to brighten and lighten your space through adding windows, opening some spaces, building higher ceilings and the likes. The second story addition can completely change the outside look of your home.
- A 2nd floor also adds value to your home. You will certainly recoup every penny you put into it. Every time you elevate your square footage you stand to increase your home’s value merely because the price is commonly calculated based on factors like the amount of livable space.
- Adding a second story offers you the unlimited opportunity to design the inside space of the 2nd floor to cater your specific needs. For instance, if your family is musically inclined, you may like to soundproof rooms on the 2nd floor or you may like to have it with a darker space so that you can have a home theater. Some of the most popular features in the 2nd floor today include:
- Hobby room
- Playroom or game room for kids
- Home theater room
- Extra bedrooms
- In-law suite
- Gym room
However, before starting to work with the second floor, there are things that you must consider. Make certain that your present home can support the additions that you are planning to build upward and Toronto local zoning codes permit such fundamental additions. You should collaborate with your building contractor about this so that he can talk to city officials in order to obtain necessary requirements.
An engineer should is also needed to check the structure and foundation of your home to make certain it has the capacity to support the additional weight. Nonetheless, in many cases, you don’t need to replace your existing foundations because they are concentrated and strong enough to handle new loads.
A plumbing contractor must also be consulted if you wish to add a bathroom on the 2nd floor. Together with him, an electrician(The Reno Pros will contract out all electrical work to registered electrical contractors licensed with the Electrical Safety Authority.) is needed to handle the lightings. All these professionals should be consulted before you can finally begin planning to build your 2nd story home.
"After requesting a quote for finishing a basement and working within the constraints of my budget, I went with RenoPros. The team arrived on time and ran every idea by me, as well as recommended what materials are best to be used in what area. The job was complete in a professional manner and I am very happy I chose The RenoPros"
"I was hesitant at first to rely on a third-party service to re-do two bedrooms in my house but the guys at RenoPros assured me they would work closely with me to fit my needs. I chose two different designs, and now both bedrooms actually feel good to be in. Great job"
"Our husband and I needed to renovate our basement at an affordable price. We found RenoPros and their staff and crafting was spot on, they let us customize everything to our liking and were very friendly and accommodating. Would do business with again, thanks!"
"We are so happy with our new kitchen and main floor renovation. The upgraded wife flooring was an excellent suggestion and the apron sink make the house feel brand new. The project manager was helpful, organized and I would definitely call them for any future renovation needs."