“Don’t Waste Your Time Selecting the Wrong Contractor!”
Should I Buy My Own House Renovation Materials?
Many homeowners throughout Toronto insist upon supplying all of the building materials for house renovations, even if they are using the assistance of a contractor from The Reno Pros. The belief is that buying your own materials will reduce the entire price of the project because it reduces mark-up. In reality, this issue is much more complex than it may seem and there are many factors to consider.
Advantages of Buying Your Own Materials
- You Have Control Over the Purchases – Regardless of the cost of the materials; you know the exact price, the source, and the product that you are receiving. You do not have to worry about transparency from your contractor because you are doing all of these steps yourself.
- Possible Reduced Price – There is no guarantee that your materials costs will be lower if you do the purchasing yourself, but this does give you the opportunity to find deals on materials. While it will limit your choices considerably, you can potentially find bulk discounts and other sale opportunities from suppliers.
Benefits of Having Your Contractor Buy Materials
- Knowledge of the Materials and Suppliers – Your contractor purchases these types of materials regularly and knows how to identify quality products and fair prices. You may have an idea of how you want your finished house renovation project to look and function; your contractor will know the trusted names and brands to turn to when it comes to finding the right materials to complete the job.
- Deals on Quality Materials – It is arguable that having a contractor purchase your materials can actually reduce your costs. Because contractors have ongoing business relationships with vendors, they can often get deals on materials that are not available to the public.
- Having Everything You Need When You Need It – Contractors are not only familiar with the different brands and types of materials, but also the installation processes. This means they know all of the additional items that are needed throughout the process. They can also anticipate potential problems that could arise and buy materials necessary to prevent or rectify these issues.
Working with Contractors that You Can Trust
The decision to have a contractor purchase your materials largely depends upon the contractor you choose. Your mind is put at ease when you work with a company like the Reno Pros, where your contractor will be very clear with you regarding what your budget is actually covering throughout the project. When choosing a contractor, it is important to work with someone with plenty of experience, and a strong reputation in the community.
If you are located in the Greater Toronto Area, and you would like to discuss this issue further, feel free to contact the Reno Pros for more information. We can discuss your house renovation project and help you determine if buying materials is the right step for you or if you would benefit from professional services. The Reno Pros can also provide you with a free quote for your entire project.
Hear What Our Customer Are Saying About Us
"After requesting a quote for finishing a basement and working within the constraints of my budget, I went with RenoPros. The team arrived on time and ran every idea by me, as well as recommended what materials are best to be used in what area. The job was complete in a professional manner and I am very happy I chose The RenoPros"
"I was hesitant at first to rely on a third-party service to re-do two bedrooms in my house but the guys at RenoPros assured me they would work closely with me to fit my needs. I chose two different designs, and now both bedrooms actually feel good to be in. Great job"
"Our husband and I needed to renovate our basement at an affordable price. We found RenoPros and their staff and crafting was spot on, they let us customize everything to our liking and were very friendly and accommodating. Would do business with again, thanks!"
"We are so happy with our new kitchen and main floor renovation. The upgraded wife flooring was an excellent suggestion and the apron sink make the house feel brand new. The project manager was helpful, organized and I would definitely call them for any future renovation needs."