“Don’t Waste Your Time Selecting the Wrong Contractor!”
What You Need to Know About Bathroom Renovations?
Remodelling your bathroom can be a lot of fun if you know what you’re doing. If you’re going all out with a complete renovation, you’ll need some expert help. Even if you have some DIY skills, bathroom renovations are not to be taken lightly. They require a great deal of planning. Everything from budget to plumbing needs to be considered. Before you pick out that new bathtub or shiny floor tiles, you should make a checklist of everything that you need.
Here are some ideas on how to prepare:
- Set a budget. It shouldn’t be too specific, however, since there may be expenses that you haven’t thought about it. Have a general idea of what you will be able to afford. Some of the money should go toward labour and some of it should go toward materials, fixtures, and extras. If you are on a tight budget, consider refinishing existing items instead of outright replacing them.
- Prepare for hidden problems – especially if you are planning a major renovation. Depending on factors such as the age of the bathroom and how well it was built, there might be some structural deficiencies, vented plumbing problems, rusting tub surrounds, old corroded plumbing, etc. Look for signs of water damage. Moisture related problems can be taken care of with a proper ventilation system.
- Consider size and take measurements. The bathroom is typically one of – if not the – smallest rooms in a house. You must take measurements over and over again to ensure accuracy. It’s also important to know the exact specifications and location of existing wiring and plumbing pipes. If budget is a concern, try to keep the load-bearing walls where they are so that the plumbing and electrical lines won’t need to be rerouted.
- When you have the layout prepared, you can FINALLY think about the design. Look at pictures of bathrooms you like and ask your interior designer for some recommendations. Ideally, use the same finish throughout the bathroom for consistency. There are many finishes for the faucet and hardware, such as shower heads and drawer pulls: brushed nickel, stainless steel, copper, chrome, matte black, aged bronze, oil-brushed bronze, white, etc.
- Look over the layout carefully and select a bathtub that will fit to the exact measurements. Factors to consider include size, material and colour, design, and how much room is available. Since it’ll be around for years and years to come, be sure to go with a tub that you really like. It should be really comfortable. If you want a heavy tub, make sure the floor underneath is strong enough to support it. The water heater should be able to generate enough hot water to fill it. Also, keep in mind that not all bathtubs allow for shower installation.
- The floor should have a non-skid surface and be stain-resistant and moisture-proof. It should be durable enough to withstand a lot of traffic. Ceramic tile is the preferred choice of many designers. Vinyl is a great choice if you have kids, as it is highly resistant to moisture and durable enough to stand heavy use. If you want to go with vinyl, select textured varieties that provide good traction.
There is a lot more to know about bathroom renovations, but you should now have a general idea of what to prepare for.
Hear What Our Customer Are Saying About Us
"After requesting a quote for finishing a basement and working within the constraints of my budget, I went with RenoPros. The team arrived on time and ran every idea by me, as well as recommended what materials are best to be used in what area. The job was complete in a professional manner and I am very happy I chose The RenoPros"
"I was hesitant at first to rely on a third-party service to re-do two bedrooms in my house but the guys at RenoPros assured me they would work closely with me to fit my needs. I chose two different designs, and now both bedrooms actually feel good to be in. Great job"
"Our husband and I needed to renovate our basement at an affordable price. We found RenoPros and their staff and crafting was spot on, they let us customize everything to our liking and were very friendly and accommodating. Would do business with again, thanks!"
"We are so happy with our new kitchen and main floor renovation. The upgraded wife flooring was an excellent suggestion and the apron sink make the house feel brand new. The project manager was helpful, organized and I would definitely call them for any future renovation needs."