“Don’t Waste Your Time Selecting the Wrong Contractor!”
How to update older homes with modern home renovations?
If you’re a homeowner, you will eventually want to remodel or renovate. Something will need to be upgraded or replaced at some point in the future, no matter how new the house is. If you ever want to sell the home, you should take good care of it. A successful home renovation project adds a great deal of value, not only in terms of your enjoyment but in its future selling price as well.
Most renovation should to be done by professionals. You can do some of the planning and help do part of the work yourself, but you will need a professional renovation team to take care of the more technical parts of the project.
Here are some factors you must consider:
- First, you must think about the reason(s) why you want to renovate. Is the house simply old and in need of major upgrades and retrofitting? Are your family requirements changing? How extensive should your project be? What do you hope to accomplish? What kind of budget are you on? Think about the long-term.
- A remodelling project requires a great deal of planning, designing, labour, and finalizing. It’s best to work with one company that can take care of all of these rather than hiring multiple contractors who might not even communicate with each other. A single contract is easier to work with than several different ones.
- Once you and your team are on the same page, stick to the plan. During a renovation, the most money and time get wasted due to the original plan changing. Don’t just up and decide in the middle of the project that you want an extra room built on, or that you no longer want the bathroom layout that was agreed upon. Make sure that you are satisfied with the plan before the work commences.
- There should be good communication between you and your contractors. Since they will be spending a lot of time at your home, you will need to get along with them. This is why it’s important to talk to a company before agreeing to work with them. Only work with professionals who are easy to talk to and willing to answer all of your questions.
- You don’t have to spend a fortune on materials. Call around your local hardware and home improvement stores to ask about current deals. For some appliances, you might be able to find discontinued models for sale at low prices. If you can’t afford solid wood and don’t care for laminate, you might be able to get a hold of some pre-finished engineered wood. Ask your designer for some ideas and recommendations as well.
- Consider the amount of time that a given renovation will take. Get a good idea from your contractor as to what to expect. If certain parts (or all) of your home will be unlivable for a period of time, make sure you make appropriate arrangements such as moving necessary items into a different room or even planning to spend some time away. Remember, there is also the possibility of unexpected delays.
A home renovation project can be exciting, but it can also be stressful without proper planning. Remember these simple tips and you are well on your way toward having a smooth running project.
Hear What Our Customer Are Saying About Us
"After requesting a quote for finishing a basement and working within the constraints of my budget, I went with RenoPros. The team arrived on time and ran every idea by me, as well as recommended what materials are best to be used in what area. The job was complete in a professional manner and I am very happy I chose The RenoPros"
"I was hesitant at first to rely on a third-party service to re-do two bedrooms in my house but the guys at RenoPros assured me they would work closely with me to fit my needs. I chose two different designs, and now both bedrooms actually feel good to be in. Great job"
"Our husband and I needed to renovate our basement at an affordable price. We found RenoPros and their staff and crafting was spot on, they let us customize everything to our liking and were very friendly and accommodating. Would do business with again, thanks!"
"We are so happy with our new kitchen and main floor renovation. The upgraded wife flooring was an excellent suggestion and the apron sink make the house feel brand new. The project manager was helpful, organized and I would definitely call them for any future renovation needs."