“Don’t Waste Your Time Selecting the Wrong Contractor!”
The Toronto Professionals for Suspended T-Bar Ceiling Drop Tile Installation
The Reno Pros provide installation services for residential and commercial suspended t-bar ceilings throughout Toronto and the GTA. Suspended ceiling are also referred to as acoustic ceiling in commercial T bar installation process. We are experts who are dedicated to providing you with the service you want at a price you can appreciate for any type of suspended ceiling with a wide variety of tiles to choose from.
If you are considering the installation of a suspended ceiling, call us today to set up a free consultation and discover the many options available with suspended ceilings from sizes, colors and of course specific application requirements. The Reno Pros will advise you about the different products in the suspended ceiling tiles and their best utilization.
- No Hidden Fees
- Experience Over 25 Years
- Unique Designs
- Quality Craftsmanship
- Clear Communication
- Attention To Details
- 100% Customer Satisfaction
What Is A Suspended Drop T-Bar Ceiling?
A suspended ceiling has many common and professional names. Depending on who you speak with, the terminology can be portrayed as different items but they mean the same thing. People who work in the trades, suppliers, clients, property managers and architects have coined the different proper names of the same ceiling, here is a list and a brief explanation of them.
- Suspended ceilings are typical ceilings in both residential and commercial application in which there is secondary ceiling installed bellow the original structural joist or roof ceiling.
- Dropped down ceiling are very similar but mean to explain that there is a drop in height to cover any infrastructure in the way. By Infrastructure it usually refers to plumbing piping, HVAC ducts, gas lines, electrical and other type of wiring which looks messy and needs to be hidden or dropped down. This is as well typical to both residential and office suspended ceiling installation.
- T-bar ceiling installation is simply referring to the grid in which the members look like T’s when you are doing the installation to the commercial drop ceilings.
- Acoustic ceiling tiles are the terminology used by professionals such as architects. In the past 30 years or the ceiling tiles have evolved but before there were some that were non acoustic or acoustic and that name has stuck with them in the blueprint drawings field ever since then.
Residential dropped down ceilings or office suspended ceilings serve many specifications. To make the space feel updated as far as texture and colors, to cancelling the noise produced by the commercial space in the area where the suspended ceiling are to be installed, to specific functions such as thermal value or fire rating. If nothing else, a dropped ceiling is a convenient way to make the ceiling quite attractive while remaining extremely functional.
What Are The Benefits Of A Suspended Drop T-Bar Ceiling?
In addition to an attractive appearance, there are several significant reasons why your Toronto area home or business should have a dropped ceiling.
If you have drop ceiling tiles installed in your home or office, then you will be relieved to know that they are easy to care for. If you have never cared for these type of tiles, you may be nervous that you might cause damage to them or you may not care for them properly. We will go over how to care for them in this article and you can use these tips to care for your drop ceiling tiles.
Read More >>
If you have drop ceiling tiles in your home or office and you want to paint them, you need to take steps to ensure that the job is done properly. Since drop ceiling tiles cannot be painted like a traditional ceiling, we will go over some tips to help you properly paint them to ensure a job well done.
Read More >>
Hanging ceiling tile in your home may seem like the perfect do it yourself project, right? If you have thought about performing the job yourself, there are many things you need to take into consideration including whether or not you should hire a professional ceiling contractor to complete the job. Many homeowners think they can do it themselves and then somewhere down the line end up calling a professional because they took on too much in the first place. Below, we will discuss some of the pros and cons to hiring a professional ceiling tile contractor.
Read More >>
If you have a dropped ceiling in your home or commercial building, you may be wondering why it is there. On the other hand, if you are planning on having a dropped ceiling installed, you may be wondering what the pros and cons of this type of ceiling are. Below, we will cover what the pros and cons are and this article should help you make the right decision.
Read More >>
If you have t-bar ceilings throughout your home, in your kitchen, or in your basement, you may be wondering how you can estimate the supplies needed to replace it. It is important that your measurements are always accurate, so that you can purchase enough materials for the job. If you purchase too little, you may find yourself in a predicament and frantically searching for additional supplies. Below, we will go over the best way to measure for an upcoming installation or replacement of t-bar ceilings.
Read More >>
If you have t-bar ceilings, you may be wondering whether or not you can paint them. Fortunately, you can paint them and they are easy to maintain as well. Typically, a t-bar ceiling only needs to be dusted and vacuumed to maintain its appearance. If you plan to paint your t-bar ceiling grids, this article will help you learn how to do it correctly so that all of your t-bar ceilings come out correctly.
Read More >>
If you are searching for the right ceiling tile for your basement, you may be unsure of what you need to consider or what types are available for you to choose from. In general, most people choose to go with a suspended ceiling, which is often referred to as a drop ceiling. These ceilings are attached to a traditional ceiling and are suspended in place using metal grid work and wires that are connected to the original ceiling. Many homeowners choose this type of ceiling for the basement because it is ideal for hiding pipes and ductwork that may be exposed.
Read More >>
If you are having a dropped ceiling installed in your home or office, you are probably wondering how much it will cost you for the materials and installation. If you have a budget that you need to stay within, then it helps to know how much you can reasonably expect to spend on the project. Below, we will go over some of the costs associated with a dropped ceiling installation to help you better prepare.
Read More >>
If you plan to have a drop ceiling installed in your home or office, you want to know what tiles you should be choosing. There are a variety of ceiling tile types and each one comes with its own set of benefits and reasons why you should choose it. Below, we will go over some of the different drop ceiling tiles available to you.
Read More >>
If you have decided that you want to take on the task of installing a dropped ceiling in your home or office, it helps to know what to do and how to handle different situations. If you have never performed this type of installation before, you may find yourself stuck throughout the installation while trying to determine what to do. It is important that you take your time to avoid mistakes and to avoid having to have the entire job redone. Below, we will go over some helpful tips that will help you with your dropped ceiling installation.
Read More >>
Hear What Our Customer Are Saying About Us
Suspended T-Bar Ceiling Drop Tile Installation
Benefits of Suspended Ceilings
Here’s a detailed list of the benefits of installing suspended ceilings:
- Easier accessibility to cables/pipes
- One main reason you should install a hanging ceiling is for the benefit of flexibility in relation to the repair of hidden pipes or wiring. All it will require you to do is to slot out the panel, carry out the repairs, and return them back when you’re done.
- Fast installation
- It is necessary for businesses to operate with minimal levels of disruptions so that they can reap rewards from all their hard work and that’s why when you call in our professionals we get the entire project done in no time and to your satisfaction. This is mainly because installing a drop ceiling is easy and quick.
- Soundproofing for office space and warehouses will require t-bar ceiling to dampen the noise and isolate sensitive areas such as meeting rooms and washrooms in your office space.
- Drop ceilings present better acoustic quality as compared to plasterboard and drywall ceilings. They also reduce noise pollution from the upper floors in a remarkable way as discussed earlier. Contact The Reno Pros today to get a free consultation on the design of drop ceiling and type of materials needed to achieve the best acoustic ceiling for your space.
- Proper fireproofed suspended ceiling requires attention to detail and knowledge of fire proofing techniques needed for the drop ceiling installation accepted by the cities fire inspector. Proper rating, materials, fire caulking and ceiling barriers are a very serious matter. Speak to us about what type of fire proofing your drop ceiling may require.
- This type of roofing can save lives in times of fire emergencies. By purchasing these fire-resistant drop ceilings, you are able to evacuate the premises within an hour in case of an emergency. You can also upgrade the fire rating by purchasing a more expensive, thicker ceiling tile or by adding a layer of fire resistant insulation in the cavity or plenum of your suspended ceiling.
- Climate controlled spaces as well as cooking, cleaning and prepping areas in a business require adequate drop ceilings, especially the materials used for the ceiling tiles so that moisture causing mold and mildew does not start to grow.
- They are the most suitable in high humid areas as they are insusceptible to moisture, mold, sagging, and bacteria. This makes them perfect for bathrooms and kitchen areas, which are high humid environments that need high hygienic maintenance.
Drop Ceiling Installation Fire Safety
Suspended acoustical ceilings need to pass the Fire Code and Ontario Building Code as proper dropped ceiling installation saves lives during a fire emergency. This is because they provide a barrier between the area above the ceiling and the room below.
Such a separation is important as it delays fire movement, thus a blaze will not quickly reach potentially combustible materials within the area above the ceiling such as HVAC ducts which can carry smoke to other areas and structural floor/roof joists which will disintegrate faster during a fire. Ceiling tiles rated for different fire resistance consist of fire-resistant materials and pending the thickness of the ceiling tile the lower the risk of the fire burning through the suspended ceiling installed. The metal grid also has be rated for fire separation and any opening for venting, HVAC or electrical need to be properly rated or barriered off to limit any potential fire spread through the rest of the building. As well, drop ceilings slow the spread of fire across the ceiling surface from room to room and not only between floors.
Fire safety is not an aesthetic choice or a design criterion, it is a must! When considering renovating a current office space or getting into a new location please speak to The Reno Pros to come out and give you a professional and knowledgeable estimate on your drop ceiling installation.
Ceiling Tiles Design Opportunities
The common belief is that drop-ceiling tiles transform the look of you room into a basic and boring space. This is a common misconception, ceiling tiles represent a very unique and decorated application in any space. Back in the day plaster ceiling tiles were used to emphasize the luxury in a space. Today there are many other types of ceiling tiles that achieve the need for luxury, functionality and design.
To start with, they are unique and extremely elegant which makes them stand out in whichever room you choose to use them. Different sizes, texture of finishes, reveal edge and of course colors make an endless selection for any decorator whether for a residential home or a commercial office space tile installation.
The Reno Pros will provide various options of catalogs and design ideas as well as direct access to ceiling tile suppliers in Toronto so that you can take the full advantage in chose the perfect type of tile for your renovation project. We have installed coffered tiles in banquet halls and recessed super smooth white modern looking tiles in photography studios. From shiny metallic finish to bring colored see through mesh ceilings. The current design options for this product truly leaves your imagination craving that creative touch.
Types Of Drop Ceilings
There are many different terms used to describe this type of ceiling including suspended, dropped or T-bar ceilings. The grids used to support the tiles can be concealed or exposed and offer many different options for installation so that your exact needs can be addressed. This is especially important for business or industrial settings where construction codes require special treatment for electrical wiring and fire suppression devices or the ceiling is subject to significant wind and pressure differentials.
- Material: Ceiling tiles can be made from wood, fiberglass, plastic, resin, faux leather, fabric, metal and even paper strips.
- Shape: Tiles can be square or rectangular and even come in long panels with grids that can be rounded or set at different heights to create a wave appearance.
- Texture: From completely smooth to a sandy look or bubbled finish, there are many textures to choose from including stippling, stamping, perforation and pin holes. Some tiles are printed with a wide variety of patterns, simply wavy lines or even a three dimensional geometric design.
- Color: The sky’s the limit when it comes to selecting colors for ceiling tiles. From basic colors to paintable options that can be transformed into almost any look to wood-grain and metallic shimmer, your décor can be enhanced easily with drop ceiling tiles.
- Additional options: Coffered tiles, floating panels and tongue and groove wooden ceilings and stamped metals are exciting options available in suspended ceiling styles for a truly unique appearance.
The first step in the process of installing the new dropped ceiling in your Toronto commercial space is to discuss your needs and goals and determine the perfect style and materials. The attention of our design team is part of our commitment to you so the results are exactly what you want while keeping within your construction budget.
Our highly skilled in-house professional contractors take the measurements they need for supplies from a site meeting or directly from permit drawings and then begin the installation by ensuring all your contents is safe out of the way, areas of continuing work are enclosed in dustproof plastic walls and any exits are clear in case of emergency.
The ceiling tile Installation process in a simplified form consists of our professional installers marking the future layout of the grid to make sure the lighting would be fitted in the correct locations to achieve the brightest arrangement possible and for fire sprinklers to fit the tile areas and not the metal suspended ceiling grid. Next, the structural anchors are attached to the existing roof above and hanging wire is secured to drop the ceiling height at the requested measurement. Wall mould is the wall angle which the tbar grid attaches to, essentially the perimeter of the work area during the installation of the tbar ceiling. Now comes the tedious part of running all the metal members of the T-bar grid to fit the space, the layout and the attachment slots.
Once the square or rectangular grid is complete all the other contractors are now able to finish their work including the electricians, networking, ducts and piping. After all the trades are completed we can come back and continue the drop ceiling installation. The ceiling tiles are now popped into the grid and dropped into the cells in the grid. Voila, the suspended ceiling installation is now complete and you have a plenum between the newly created drop ceiling and the existing building ceiling where all your communication and wires are nicely hidden out of view. The entire job is finished off with all debris and dust removed so that your space is left clean and your ceiling should now accentuate the look of your commercial office space.
As professionals, we take pride in doing the job right. With the Reno Pros, you know that your installation will be performed according to the strict Ontario Building Code and with all appropriate safety fire specifications. Our teams take pride in providing on time quality finishes. We understand that as a business you need to start your operations right away and cannot have any downtime due to planned commercial or office renovation projects. This is why we can offer to work in stages, after hours, night shift and weekend to ensure the renovation is completed on time and on your specified work requirements.
For any residential or commercial suspended ceiling installation in the Toronto area, you can count on quality service from The Reno Pros. Our expert team is committed to offer you the best installation and advice for your drop ceiling needs. Contact us today for a free consultation and estimate.